When it comes to taxes, not all income is created—or taxed—equal. Despite the time-honored value of rewarding hard work, our tax code gives preferential treatment to income derived from pre-existing wealth instead of income earned from work.
Here are other things you can do:
- Learn more about the special tax breaks for investment income.
- Use the interactive tax calculator, watch videos, and take the Tax Fairness Pledge.
- Read about proposals to end the tax break for capital gains and dividends.
- Read press release announcing Tax Wealth Like Work campaign.
- Follow coverage of our 2011 Tax Wealth Like Work campaign.
- See coverage from last year's Tax Fairness Pledge.