- ¿Quiénes Somos?
- Nuestro Sitio
- Espacio De Noticias
- ¡Su Donacion!
Bankers, Brokers, Bubbles & Bailouts
Bankers, Brokers, Bubbles & Bailouts:
An Economic Crisis Workshop
In his campaign, President Obama promised to rebuild the economy from the ground up, but how are we going to make sure the recovery results in an equitable economy? The first step is to understand the policies and practices that led to the current financial meltdown. That's why UFE has designed a workshop to help people explore what's gone wrong and what they need to demand to reduce the huge economic divide.
"Bankers, Brokers, Bubbles & Bailouts" uses participatory activities to illustrate and demystify the underlying economic structures and the recent trends that contributed to the current financial crisis. It identifies the steps leading to the housing bubble and its collapse, reviews the impact of the crisis on jobs, families and communities, and explores strategies for building power through a broad-based, democratic, multi-race, multi-class, social movement for economic justice. This workshop is aimed at activists, students, workers - anyone interested in helping our towns, states, and nation construct an economy that is more equitable for everyone.
- Explore the roots of the economic crisis.
- Review the trends & events that created the housing bubble and its collapse.
- See who wins and who loses as a result of the bailouts.
- Identify strategies to build a social movement for economic fairness.
- Name specific policy & rule changes that will reduce inequality.
Download workshop materials. Please email Steve Schnapp at firstname.lastname@example.org to request PDF files of these workshop materials. We appreciate your patience as we repair our workshop download links.
Here's what you'll get:
- Participant Handouts - A set of 25 easy-to-read charts with data on profits, wages, wealth, debt and more.
- Trainer's Guide - A 42-page, detailed description of the workshop agenda, including step-by-step instructions for each activity, talking points, and background information.
- Additional Resources - three pages
To download this workshop's files, log in or register using the "User Login" box above.