Para leer en español, presione aquí.
SAVE THE DATE |
United for a Fair Economy is excited to premier LIBERATION ECONOMICS, an advanced training for experienced facilitators! For 20 years UFE has facilitated hundreds of workshops and trainings on Popular Economics Education around the country. This year UFE is honored to partner with the Highlander Center and Equipo Maiz from El Salvador to provide an advanced training for experienced organizers and facilitators. It will explore the role of story telling and education in movement building, tools for facilitating conversations on capitalism in interactive ways, and the role of language justice in the fight for a fair economy. Mark your calendars!
The Highlander Center in New Market, Tennessee.
This Institute will be led by UFE's Education Team: Jeannette Huezo, Riahl O’Malley, and Steve Schnapp along with guest trainers from Equipo Maiz and Highlander Center.
The TOT Institute will be fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Please contact us at the email below to inquire about participating in another language.
• Exploring the intersection of class, race, and gender inequities and their relationship to our current economic system: capitalism.
• Addressing the consequences of economic and social inequality through popular education and movement building.
• Language justice as an essential piece of building a cross-class, multi-racial movement for economic equity.
• Online registration will open in August 2015. (Save the date and stay tuned!)
• Institute fee is based on a sliding scale ($500 – $1,500), which includes all materials as well as room and board. Transportation to Tennessee is not included.
• Limited scholarship available, based on ability to pay.
• Space is very limited and preference will be given to those who have previously attended one of United for a Fair Economy's Training of Trainers.
FOR MORE INFO:
Email Riahl O’Malley (email@example.com), Steve Schnapp (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jeannette Huezo (email@example.com).