Who We Are: United for a Fair Economy is a national 501(c)3 organization that supports social movements fighting for a resilient, sustainable, and equitable economy. We have office locations in Boston, MA and Durham, NC.
United for a Fair Economy is looking for a Training Network Coordinator (Community Organizer) to provide oversight, outreach and coordination for an Economic Justice Training Network for our Inclusive Economies NC project. Additionally, you will play a role in supporting the work of a state-wide coalition to raise the minimum wage in North Carolina. To be successful in this role you should have solid experience in: issue advocacy, membership or political organizing, coalition coordination, small and large group facilitation, organizing trainings, and Popular Education methodology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coordination of Training Network: (80%)
- Develop and manage a new training network plan and budget in coordination with the Inclusive Economy Director.
- Provide ongoing support and feedback for all trainers, both in person and virtual.
- Establish and steward an online peer-to-peer network for trainers to support and learn from each other.
- Cultivate new partnerships and opportunities to expand the training network.
- Work with the UFE Popular Economics Education team to plan and develop curriculum and workshop materials
- Facilitate Training of Trainers
- Develop assessment criteria to measure and track the effectiveness of work and all trainings
- Develop a retention and engagement strategy to retain trainers over the period of the project
- Pipeline participants in workshops to engage in state-wide campaign work
Organizing and Coalition Work: (20%)
- Support the creation and ongoing work of leader-driven Economic Justice Training Network
- Participate in supporting a Statewide coalition to Raise the Minimum Wage
- Work with both individual members and with organizational partners
- Represent UFE in one or more Campaign working groups to build alignment with the training network.
- Work in close coordination with the leadership team of the State-wide coalition to to align training network with campaign goals.
- Work with UFE communications team to develop timely materials to support the training network and the coalition
- Represent UFE in outreach events and public actions in North Carolina and periodically in national conferences and events
2-4 years of combined experience in non-profit, political engagement, electoral organizing, issue organizing, or advocacy work.
Proven experience in community organizing and leadership development
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences
- Strong Facilitation skills
- Strong written communications
- Work both in a team environment as well as independently
- Comfortable with online organizing tools (Nation Builder, Salsa, Action Network) and use of technology in a campaign environment
Strong time management skills and ability to juggle competing priorities and deadlines.
Willingness to work non-standard hours, including weekends, and travel extensively within North Carolina when required.
Deep understanding and belief in relational organizing and relationship building
- Openness to giving and receiving feedback for continuous learning, evolution, and improvement – committed to building your own skills as well as building the skills and capacity of your colleagues.
- Deep progressive connections in North Carolina, specifically organizing with low-wage workers and communities of color.
- Commitment to economic, social justice, anti-oppression values, and to building a multicultural, anti-oppressive workplace.
- Strong awareness of the intersections of race, class, and gender.
- Experience with popular education curriculum design or willingness to learn
- Experience with language justice or willingness to learn
- Bilingual or Multilingual candidates encouraged to apply.
Salary and Benefits: This is a 40 hours-per-week, full-time position. Salary is between $46,000 and $48,000 a year, depending on experience. UFE offers excellent benefits, including employer-sponsored healthcare and dental, holiday and vacation time, paid sick time.
This position will be located in North Carolina, with preference for Durham. Other areas of the state will be considered.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org