In this intensive training, we will explore the causes and consequences of economic inequality, connect the dots among our struggles, and provide participants with popular education tools for informing their communities, inspiring political action, and building a powerful social movement for economic and social justice. **Application Deadline Extended to May 18.
This Institute will be led by UFE’s Education Team: Jeannette Huezo and Riahl O’Malley. The Institute may offer Spanish/English interpretation, depending on the needs of the participants.
- Reviewing and practicing popular education principles and practices.
- Exploring the intersection of class, race, and gender inequities and their relationship to economic trends.
- Addressing the consequences of economic and social inequality through education for movement building.
- Online registration will open in March 2016.
- Institute fee is based on a sliding scale ($200 – $850), which includes all materials, travel to and from the airport as well as breakfast and lunch during the institute. Lodging and transportation to Boston is not included.
- Limited scholarship available, based on ability to pay.
- The Institute goes from 9am-6pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Space is limited and preference will be given to those engaged in economic justice campaigns and to organizations that send two or more participants.
62 Summer St
Boston, MA 02110
Google map and directions