NOTE: This event has been rescheduled for September 29th!
THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING SPONSORS FOR MAKING THIS EVENT POSSIBLE:
It's that time of year again! If you are a golfer (or have ever golfed), please sign up today to participate in the 2nd Annual United for a Fair Economy / Spontaneous Celebrations Golf Tournament on Thursday, September 29. Mark your calendar and register today! When September comes, you'll be REALLY glad you planned this day off!
And back by popular demand is the truly awesome Red Sox and Belmont Golf Raffle (details below). $20 for 5 chances; $40 for 15 chances; $60 for 30 chances; $100 for 75 chances! Buy raffle tickets by Venmo at any time: @Mike-Lapham-1 and let me know if you want the Belmont Golf prize or the Red Sox prize.
Lots of other great prizes including US Open Golf Memorabilia will be given out on the day.
Details and Registration
Golf and Dinner
- Thursday, September 29, 2022
- Tee times from noon to 2pm. BBQ dinner to follow on site.
- This year we will be playing at the historic William J. Devine golf course (aka Franklin Park), 1 Circuit Drive, Dorchester, MA.
- Scramble format: Each player hits their own drive and the next shot is played from the best position, etc. So you don’t have to be good!! You just have to be willing to have fun!
- Prizes for longest drive (2), closest to the pin (2) and low team score.
- Sign up today.
The Amazingly Awesome Raffle - Back by Popular Demand
- Whether or not you join us on September 29, you can participate in this awesome raffle; purchase raffle tickets today by Venmo or by donating to either organization.
- Win four (4) of the best seats in the house to watch the Red Sox at Fenway Park. Ten rows behind home plate, slightly toward the on-deck circle. The view could not be better from these seats, donated by Matt Hoffman of the Hoffman Companies. Take your pick of available games in the 2022 or 2023 season.
- Or put your raffle tickets toward winning 18 holes of golf for three at the gorgeous Belmont Country Club with your host, Matt Hoffman, who is a pretty good guy.
- $20 for 5 chances; $40 for 15 chances; $60 for 30 chances; $100 for 75 chances.
- Raffle tickets by Venmo at any time – @Mike-Lapham-1. Or PayPal, or you can mail a check or donate online to one of the orgs. (please let me know which bucket to put your raffle tickets in).
Whichever way you go – golfing, sponsoring, buying raffle tickets (thanks, Matt!), coming to dinner only ($50) or just sending a donation – thank you for supporting UFE & Spontaneous. I hope to see you September 29th.
Director of Responsible Wealth, a project of United for a Fair Economy
United for a Fair Economy is a national non-profit dedicated to calling attention to the growing income and wealth gap and the racial divide in the US. Founded in 1995, UFE offers support to the movement for a fair economy, including an annual report on racial inequality (State of the Dream), books, infographics, and popular education style economics trainings that draw on participants' lived experience and knowledge to lead them to action for a fair economy. UFE organizes wealthy individuals to speak out for tax fairness, living wages and corporate accountability through its Responsible Wealth project. Donate at www.faireconomy.org.
Spontaneous Celebrations is Jamaica Plain's beloved community arts & culture organization... Spontaneous hosts programs like Kids Together in the Arts, Girls Rock, SingPositive, Toddler Drumming and Capoeira at its 45 Danforth Street building. And Spontaneous produces events throughout the year, including Día de los Muertes and Spontaneous' signature community festivals – Wake Up the Earth (first Saturday in May) and the Lantern Parade (late October at JP Pond). Mike Lapham is also the Board Chair of Spontaneous Celebrations.